Kortext is the UK’s leading eTextbook provider, serving universities globally. We are recruiting the role of Accounts Executive to help us scale and support our growing business operations.
As an Accounts Executive, you’ll be responsible for a variety of day to day tasks that are essential to maintaining an efficient, organised and accurate finance function. These include bookkeeping, invoice generation and expense processing, maintenance of sales and purchase ledgers and reconciliation of bank statements to the general ledger.
You will sit within the Finance team and will work directly with the Financial Accountant and the broader finance on a daily basis. As you grow into the position you will start to work with individuals in other departments across the company.
- Reconcile bank accounts and banking facilities
- Direct debit management and set-up
- Reconcile purchase and sales ledgers
- Posting to the fixed asset register
- Filing, maintenance and archiving company records.
- Understanding of VAT
- Debtor’s collection and creditors management
- Communication with suppliers and customers
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct
Education & Experience:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field/accounting qualification (such as AAT, or similar) or previous bookkeeper experience
- Ideal position for a postgraduate studying towards higher qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to do more than the minimum and go the extra mile
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patience and diplomacy
- Tenacity to succeed
- A self-starter, you take the initiative and are proactive
- Good IT skills and experience with cloud productivity suites (O365/gSuite) and accounting packages
- Familiarity with cloud-based software solutions such as Dropbox and Google Drive
- Advanced Spreadsheet skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English