Regional Sales Managers - Midlands
Kortext - The UK’s #1 student learning content and engagement platform
Regional Sales Manager - Midlands
Kortext was founded with the purpose to empower the next generation of difference-makers through teaching and learning. In a little over five years we became the UK’s leading personal learning platform and supplier of digital textbooks. We are continuing to see large-scale growth as the need for online teaching and learning increases rapidly.
We are growing rapidly with more than 2,000 universities around the world using the Kortext platform. We host over 2 million digital books from over 4,500 publishers available to Kortext customers via our web and mobile app.
Reporting to the UK Engagement Manager, the Regional Manager will work collaboratively with the broader business to identify new opportunities with the purpose of driving sales and revenue.
The post holder will be responsible for reviewing and analysing business information in order to attain sales targets as well as being responsible for managing the day to day sales activity and pursuing new business opportunities. The role will involve significant travel within the territory.
Account management of existing business and identifying growth opportunities within these will also be key. Supporting these institutions to overcome challenges and drive engagement will be essential in order to retain business year on year
• Establish a sales and marketing strategy to deliver agreed sales objectives
• Achieve sales growth across the territory
• Assess, retain and develop existing client base
• Maintain monthly sales forecast for delivering to plan
• Meet sales targets and personal objectives and goals
• Provide market, product and competitor information feedback
• Provide weekly sales reports and analysis
• Attend monthly sales meetings and other meetings as required
• Identify target institutions and individuals ranging from academic staff, library staff, eLearning personnel, Dean’s, Directors and Pro Vice Chancellors and other influencers
• Work with the UK Engagement Manager to develop and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate interest in the products and services Kortext offer.
• Manage weekly activity including client visits
• Update the Kortext CRM, ensuring all information and contact interaction is recorded, following company process
• Respond to tenders as required for the territory, meeting tight deadlines
• Communicate and present at all levels in the market from student to Vice Chancellor
• Represent the company at conferences including presenting papers
• Continually develop and enhance product, service and industry knowledge.
What are we looking for?
• Educated to degree level with a proven ability for self-learning and development
• Successful track record in sales (minimum 3 years)
• Account management experience
• Knowledge and experience of Higher Education sector
• High level of competence in various word processing, spreadsheets and presentation tools including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of CRM systems
• Knowledge of content platforms and educational technologies
• Must be comfortable demonstrating online and app software using various devices and platforms, ie iOS, Android and Windows
• Comfortable presenting online using conference software
We have five leadership competencies within our business that are essential to our culture and that you will need to both demonstrate and role model:
• Agility & Adaptability
• Advanced Communication & Collaboration Skills
• Social & Emotional Intelligence
• Transformative Thinking & Awareness
Why choose us?
Kortext is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Kortext is a proud supporters of and are actively engaged with charities such as: Race for Good, Girl Raising and Student Minds
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to home and remote working.
Follow Kortext on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
Discover Kortext - The leading digital learning platform