Regional Sales Managers (Post 1 North-West and Post 2 South-East/East of England)
Overall purpose of role
Kortext is the UK’s leading eTextbook provider, serving universities globally. We are recruiting Two Regional Managers to support our sales and marketing activities, one supporting the North-West and the other the South-East/east of England.
Kortext has seen significant growth in the last 12 months and the role is key to driving our expansion by continuing to build on this success. Reporting to the UK Engagement Manager, the Regional Managers will work collaboratively with the broader business to identify new opportunities with the purpose of driving sales and revenue.
The post holders will be responsible for reviewing and analysing business information in order to attain sales targets as well as being responsible for managing the day to day sales activity and pursuing new business opportunities. Whilst home based the roles will involve significant travel within their nominated territories (North-West, UK and South-East/East of England, UK).
Account management of existing business and identifying growth opportunities within these will also be key. Supporting these institutions to overcome challenges and drive engagement will be essential in order to retain business year on year.
• Establish a sales and marketing strategy to deliver agreed sales objectives
• Achieve sales growth across the territory
• Assess, retain and develop existing client base
• Maintain monthly sales forecast for delivering to plan
• Meet sales targets and personal objectives and goals
• Provide market, product and competitor information feedback
• Provide weekly sales reports and analysis
• Attend monthly sales meetings and other meetings as required
• Identify target institutions and individuals ranging from academic staff, library staff, eLearning personnel, Dean’s, Directors and Pro Vice Chancellors and other
• Work with the UK Engagement Manager to develop and coordinate marketing campaigns to generate interest in the products and services Kortext offer.
• Manage weekly activity including client visits
• Update the Kortext CRM, ensuring all information and contact interaction is recorded, following company process
• Respond to tenders as required for the territory, meeting tight deadlines
• Communicate and present at all levels in the market from student to Vice Chancellor
• Represent the company at conferences including presenting papers
• Continually develop and enhance product, service and industry knowledge.
Education & Experience
• Educated to degree level with a proven ability for self-learning and development
• Successful track record in sales (minimum 3 years)
• Account management experience
• Knowledge and experience of Higher Education sector
• High level of competence in various word processing, spreadsheets and presentation tools including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of CRM systems
• Knowledge of content platforms and educational technologies
• Must be comfortable demonstrating online and app software using various devices and platforms, ie iOS, Android and Windows
• Comfortable presenting online using conference software
• Self-motivated with a tenacity to succeed
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent negotiating skills with a strong commercial acumen
• First class organisational, planning and problem solving skills
• Ability to explain and demonstrate systems
• Excellent customer service skills
Please forward your CV in the first instance which must include a covering letter/email telling us how you meet our requirements and demonstrating why you are the right person both for this role and for Kortext as a business.