Software Development Manager
Kortext is a leading eTextbook provider, serving universities globally. We are recruiting a Software Development Manager to help develop market leading software aimed primarily at the Higher Education market.
Kortext has seen significant growth in the last 12 months and this role is key to driving our expansion by continuing to build on this success. The Software Development Manager is responsible for working as part of a team whose overall objective is to develop and deploy new functionality for the Kortext Learning Platform.
This role requires a seasoned development professional with a track record of developing world class software with the ability to competently manage teams in an agile environment.
- Providing management, leadership and operational oversight of development project teams
- Discussing and analysing specification documents to refine requirements and propose solutions
- Working with the Development Team to provide level of effort (LOE) estimations
- Easily explaining complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation
- Identifying and providing recommendations for approaches and initiatives to enhance performance
- Taking initiative to identify potential areas for growth and developing custom solutions aimed at meeting business objectives
- Drive accountability and ownership in your teams and across the business
- Support the head of departments to driving results, become well rounded people managers and ensure excellence in development
- Embody the company values of Passionate, Pioneering, Persistent and Personable
- Demonstrate Kortext’s Leadership Competencies of Agility & Adaptability, Accountability, Advanced Communication & Collaboration skills, Social & Emotional Intelligence, Transformative Thinking & Awareness
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
- 3+ years of professional software development
- Understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Experience working closely with designers, systems engineers, and software engineers in a collaborative development environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Committed to excellence and capable of making tough decisions where necessary
- Track record of delivering results, change, and continuous improvement
- Experience of planning, managing and effectively executing complex projects
- Analytical and thinker with a structured approach to projects
- Willingness to get your hands dirty with coding to solve problems where necessary
The Software Development Manager will report to the Director, Application Development.
A position profile does not imply that the duties stated are the only ones to be performed by the incumbent. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction as requested by their manager