Software Development Manager
Kortext - The UK’s #1 student learning content and engagement platform
Software Development Manager
Kortext was founded with the purpose to empower the next generation of difference-makers through teaching and learning. In a little over five years we became the UK’s leading personal learning platform and supplier of digital textbooks. We are continuing to see large-scale growth as the need for online teaching and learning increases rapidly.
We are growing rapidly with more than 2,000 universities around the world using the Kortext platform. We host over 2 million digital books from over 4,500 publishers available to Kortext customers via our web and mobile app.
The Software Development Manager is responsible for working as part of a team whose overall objective is to develop and deploy new functionality for the Kortext Learning Platform.
• This role requires a seasoned development professional with a track record of developing world class software with the ability to competently manage teams in an agile environment.
• Providing management, leadership and operational oversight of development project teams
• Discussing and analysing specification documents to refine requirements and propose solutions
• Working with the Development Team to provide level of effort (LOE) estimations
• Identifying and providing recommendations for approaches and initiatives to enhance performance
• Taking initiative to identify potential areas for growth and developing custom solutions aimed at meeting business objectives
• Drive accountability and ownership in your teams and across the business
• Support the head of departments to driving results, become well rounded people managers and ensure excellence in development
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a technical team of 3 or more.
• 5+ years of professional software development
Why choose us?
Kortext is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Kortext is a proud supporters of and are actively engaged with charities such as: Race for Good, Girl Raising and Student Minds
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to’
Follow Kortext on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
Discover Kortext - The leading digital learning platform