Customer Services Assistant (Library Services)
Overall purpose of role
Kortext is an exciting and fast-growing tech business in the education sector. As the leading provider of e-books and e-textbooks for universities and students we need great people to join our team. Our mission in life is to help all students to be the best they can be by enhancing the learning experience, improving retention and delivering better outcomes. Can you help us with that?
Our values for our people are Collaboration (working within and across teams effectively), Innovation (cutting edge thinking and technology), Accountability (taking personal responsibility) and Growth (passionate about learning). How do these values fit with your own? Does this sound like a good cultural fit for you?
Do you have library experience? Are you a confident self-starter ? We are currently looking to recruit a full time Library Customer Services Assistant who will play a key part supporting our small but very busy Customer Services (Support) team, initially on a 3-month fixed term contract. The company is based in Bournemouth but owing to the current situation the role is currently remote home based, with a requirement to attend occasional team meetings in Bournemouth.
• Deal with online queries from users about our products and accessing them.
• Own a portfolio of accounts and drive business outcomes for customers
• Ensure that customers gain the maximum value from their Kortext investment
• Identify key criteria for assisting your customers and leverage known strategies and success stories to address them
• Managing requests coming in via a ticketing system.
• Using own initiative to seek solutions where appropriate.
• Reporting on queries received to resolve system issues.
This is a fast moving business which has experienced rapid growth during 2020, and so previous experience in a small call centre environment and with ticketing systems would be preferred, although full training on our systems will be provided. A confident self-starter, you’ll play a key part in supporting the rest of the team to effectively manage and resolve a high volume of queries. We offer a friendly environment and the opportunity to challenge yourself and enhance your skills.
• Previous experience working as a librarian (please make reference to this in your Indeed messaging/covering letter).
• Experience helping customers deploy and see the value of the products they have purchased
• Customer focused with excellent communication skills.
• Able to identify priorities and efficiently organise a varying workload.
• Good understanding of devices (eg mobile, tablet, pc), platforms and operating systems.
• Self-motivated and able to react positively with enthusiasm around challenging tasks and repetitive queries
• Drive complex issues through analysis and resolution
• Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally
• Team player able to build positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to read social cues, identify needs and concerns as they arise to build positive working relationships with internal and external customers
• Will need to use own laptop/computer for this work.
• Comfortable working from home and able to proactively manage workload
Please forward your CV in the first instance which must include a covering letter/email telling us how you meet our requirements, including any library assistant experience and demonstrating why you are the right person both for this role and for Kortext as a business.