This leading provider of ebooks and etextbooks for universities and students around the world is looking for a part-time Recruitment Adviser to oversee its recruitment and onboarding processes and support with HR administration as it continues its rapid expansion and taking on more employees. The company is based in Bournemouth, with offices in Canada too. This role will normally be office based (Bournemouth), however on a temporary basis only, some home working will be necessary. Hours required are 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. This role is initially being offered on a 1 year fixed term contract.
Thank you so much for showing interest in our job, but please be aware that all applications are under constant review so please can we ask that you don't contact any department at the company direct to discuss progress. We will only take applications forward for further consideration if they include a covering letter or similar, which can be attached to your resume/CV, and which tells us how you meet our requirements and why you are interested in this role.
Salary £24,000 - £29,000 pa pro rata, depending on experience. Benefits include Pension and 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Working with managers across the business to ensure the effective organisation and administration of all stages of the recruitment, selection, appointment and onboarding processes
• Administering other HR procedures to oversee the full employee lifecycle, supporting managers day to day with matters such as contract preparation, holiday bookings, absence management and appraisal scheduling
• Advertising vacancies using the appropriate methods and media, and managing the company’s careers website
• Screening applicants, scheduling interviews and supporting selection testing
• Maintaining effective communication with all applicants to ensure a positive experience
• Processing all pre-employment checks and collating all pre-employment documentation
• Liaising with all relevant departments to manage the onboarding process for new starters
• Ensuring compliance at all stages of the recruitment, selection, appointment and onboarding processes
Previous experience in a technology business would be preferred, and exposure to client driven and highly commercial environments is essential. The successful applicant will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, able to provide an excellent service across all departments and to deliver a great end to end experience for candidates. You will need to be self-motivated and results driven in order to develop this newly created role, which provides plenty of opportunity to show initiative.
• At least 1 year’s experience of working in in-house recruitment with demonstrable results of sourcing and appointing suitable candidates
• Experience of working with other HR administration systems and procedures
• Strong knowledge of legislation relating to recruitment and employment including the Equality Act and Right to Work checks
• Familiarity with the use of social media and other digital communication tools for recruitment purposes.
• Excellent IT communication skills including Microsoft Office, Google Suite and working with databases and virtual communication platforms
• Confident and professional verbal and written communicator
• High level of organisational skills and keen attention to detail
• Flexible approach and responsive to change
• Team player able to build positive working relationships