Kortext is the UK’s leading eTextbook provider, serving universities globally. We are recruiting a Data Engineer to maintain and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture.
Kortext has seen significant growth in the last 12 months and this role is key to driving our expansion by continuing to build on this success. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them. The Data Engineer will also support and implement data initiatives, internal and customer facing business intelligence products. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Build the infrastructure required to implement a Data Estate.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data secure and ensure its storage is compliant with data protection rules and regulations.
- Create data tools for analytics members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- In depth knowledge of data protection, and security protocols related to data integrity
Education & Experience:
- Bsc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or significant industry experience
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Design, build and deploy Business Information Systems.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Design, build and deploy business information solutions.
- Proven experience as a Data Engineer
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP), ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework and Data Lakes.
- Working knowledge of C# and Web API’s would be beneficial
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Azure Analysis Services, Tabular Models/DAX)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Committed to excellence and capable of making tough decisions where necessary
- Experience of planning, managing and effectively executing complex projects