HR Business Partner
Kortext is the UK’s leading eTextbook provider, serving universities globally. We are recruiting a motivated HR Business Partner to drive excellence in our people function across our teams.
Kortext has seen significant growth in the last 12 months and this role is key to driving our expansion by continuing to build on this success. This varied role will develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders supporting with all aspects of HR from onboarding to employee relations.
Reporting into the HR Director this role requires an experienced HR professional with the capability to support ER situations and provide business partnering, with the capacity and willingness to learn about employment legislation and standards in other countries as our team continues to grow.
We have five leadership competencies within our business that are essential to our culture and that you will need to both demonstrate and role model:
• Agility and Adaptability
• Great Communication and Collaboration Skills
• Social and Emotional Intelligence
• Transformative Thinking and Awareness
We will also ask you to embody the Kortext Company values of Passionate, Pioneering, Persistent and Personable.
• Work with managers across the business to administer effective HR procedures to oversee the full employee lifecycle, supporting managers with matters such as contract preparation, absence management, appraisal scheduling and any arising ER issues
• Work alongside the HR director to design and deliver cohesive training in topics such as talent and succession, employee wellbeing and change management etc.
• Supporting occasional recruitment initiatives including selection, interviewing and onboarding processes
• Drive organisational change initiatives ensuring efficiency and a cohesive team approach at all times
• Continue developing and embedding the cyclical performance management process
• Working alongside the HR Director to develop people led initiatives and enhance communication between the UK and Canadian teams
• Ensure Kortext maintains an inclusive and diverse workforce by providing expertise in workforce and succession planning
• Maintain effective working knowledge of UK employment law and advise on relevant policy or contractual changes
• Develop an understanding of Canadian employment law in order to effectively support the Canadian team where necessary following training
• Contributing to a positive culture and inclusive working environment for all employees
• Embody and champion the company values of Passionate, Pioneering, Persistent and Personable
• Demonstrate Kortext’s Leadership Competencies of Agility & Adaptability, Accountability, Advanced Communication & Collaboration skills, Social & Emotional Intelligence, Transformative Thinking & Awareness
Education & Experience:
• At least 3 year’s experience working in a complex HR environment with significant demonstratable experience, including but not limited to performance management, disciplinary procedure and managing absence
• Strong working knowledge of UK legislation relating to employment is essential
• Previous experience of working within a technology based business is highly beneficial
• Working knowledge of Canadian employment law is an advantage but not essential
• Prior use of HRIS systems (e.g. Breathe) and ATS systems (e.g. webrecruit) is preferable
• Excellent IT communication skills including Microsoft Office, and working with databases and virtual communication platforms
• Professional verbal and written communicator with ability to influence at all levels within the business
• Critical thinker with experience driving decision making for the advancement of a company
• Able to inspire and foster a team-oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person
• High level of organisational skills and keen attention to detail
• Committed to excellence and capable of making tough decisions where necessary
• Flexible approach and responsive to change
• Team player able to build positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels