Analyst Programmer - Python
Analyst Programmer (Python)
What you'll be doing
• You will be working in our UK based, business automation and partner integration team, on a range of Digital Transformation, automation, and partner integration projects. While the business is based in Bournemouth this is a fully remote role, but with regular opportunities to meet-up face to face either in Bournemouth or a more central location.
• Working in hybrid Waterfall / Agile environment, with fortnightly sprints, daily virtual stand-ups, and ITIL based IT Service Management.
o Supporting the Architectural design of solutions, services and applications.
o Working with staff across the business to develop Use Cases / User Stories, supporting estimation, sprint planning and learning from retrospectives.
o Development of new systems and services using Python and relevant technologies.
o Design & implement automated testing processes for new systems / services, primarily at the Business Process level and Business Process Monitoring.
o Supporting end users with User Acceptance Testing
o Support live applications, through ITIL based Incident and Problem processes.
o Ensure Business Process Monitoring is in place and service delivery is being optimised.
What experience you will need
• You will understand the importance of outstanding customer service, be able to focus on immediate needs / outcomes whilst keeping sight of the strategic roadmap.
• You will love books and making these available and accessible to as many people as possible.
• You will be a self-motivated, lifelong learner, with a proven ability to learn new skills in a quickly evolving IT and Business landscape.
• We are looking for classic T shaped developers, with broad business and full life-cycle IT development skills.
• Python may not be your first or primary language in the past, but we need you to develop and support applications primarily written in Python and to develop your skills further in this area. If you have outstanding skills in another language and you have done some previous commercial work in Python and are prepared to put in the effort to become a great Python developer we would love to speak to you.
• Experience of Quote to Cash and Purchase to Pay business process workflows, in a subscription-based SaaS business, Retail or wholesale would be helpful.
• Minimum 5 years of commercial IT experience developing high performance back-office or Server-Side applications.
• Solid communication skills / soft skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to work alone, remotely, and also as a member of a remote working team.
• Excellent emotional intelligence, awareness of the needs of other people and how you respond and adapt to them.
• Salesforce experience
• Book / Publishing industry experience
• API / EDI Integration
• XML processing
• Azure platform (fundamentals, concepts, architecture, storage & compute)
• Azure Logic Apps
• Azure Managed Database
• Azure DevOps
• Azure Cognitive Search
• Serverless Python Applications with Azure Functions
• Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
• GIT Version Control
• Excellent Python skills, and experience with Django or Flask web frameworks, to allow the creation of simple internal administrative interfaces and API’s.
• Excellent SQL Skills
• Microsoft Power BI