Kortext - The UK’s #1 student learning content and engagement platform
Senior QA Tester
Kortext was founded with the purpose to empower the next generation of difference-makers through teaching and learning. In a little over five years we became the UK’s leading personal learning platform and supplier of digital textbooks. We are continuing to see large-scale growth as the need for online teaching and learning increases rapidly.
We are growing rapidly with more than 2,000 universities around the world using the Kortext platform. We host over 2 million digital books from over 4,500 publishers available to Kortext customers via our web and mobile app.
The Senior QA Tester is responsible for creating and executing complicated test cases based upon information found in Epics, Features and User Stories. A primary objective of this position is to assume responsibility for defect containment and software testing by crafting data, procedures and creating and executing test cases that ensure that the defined level of coverage is achieved, and sufficient errors are uncovered. Emphasis will be placed upon test inventories to ensure a Kortext level of quality is maintained.
Senior Application Testers are expected to work effectively with Development, Project Management, Business Analysts, and other members within an vertical Agile team to ensure their implementation tasks are effectively met.
Senior Application Testers will be responsible for creating data and creating and executing test procedures (test cases) based upon the test designs.
They will be responsible for accurately defining and executing test cases in multiple browsers and on multiple devices for:
• Functional Testing
• Regression Testing
• Automation testin
And any other type of testing as per test designs for web and mobile software.
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience testing web and mobile applications in multi-tier architecture as well as a minimum of 5 years’ experience backend testing applications such as servers or data warehouses.
• Focus on quality by writing clear, concise functional, end-to-end, acceptance and integration tests
• Clear understanding of established test methodologies and techniques in use by the QA department
• Good knowledge of databases such as MS SQL Server, Cosmos or Mongo DB
What’s Great About the team
• A collaborative and innovative team, driving our company values and leadership qualities
• Our Tech stack and our product is cross-platform, with clients for Web, iOS, Android, Mac and Windows
• Inclusive and diverse culture with a clear vision
We have five leadership competencies within our business that are essential to our culture and that you will need to both demonstrate and role model:
• Agility & Adaptability
• Advanced Communication & Collaboration Skills
• Social & Emotional Intelligence
• Transformative Thinking & Awareness
Why choose us?
Kortext is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
Kortext is a proud supporters of and are actively engaged with charities such as: Race for Good, Girl Raising and Student Minds
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to’
Follow Kortext on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
Discover Kortext - The leading digital learning platform